Friday, May 30, 2008

My Start and Where I am Today - Part Two

Fast forward almost 20 years and in 1999 Greco’s Gourmet to Go was born. I used to make sandwiches, pastas and salads for customers too busy to cook for themselves. I thoroughly enjoyed this one-on-one interaction, but catering was undeniably my true calling. Many wonder where the Greco’s name comes from, a valid question indeed. While the Capps family in New Jersey (my father’s side) certainly gave me the DNA for the industry, my Gramma Greco was a daily source of inspiration for me growing up. Gram was your quintessential Italian, cooking and baking daily. She lived right next door so I would come home from school, drop my books and head across the yard to see what was on the stove. Her words of wisdom and patience inspired me. Since the Greco family settled in Washington and the Capps’ are still out east, the Greco’s name made sense for multiple reasons. Besides, Capps’ Catering just didn’t have that special ring to it!

Jump ahead another decade to present day and who would have ever thought…Greco’s will celebrate it’s 10th anniversary on May 13, 2009. What a long, strange, rewarding and exciting trip it’s been! Thanks to my predecessors, I have been blessed with inherited traits of integrity and fortitude, which have helped the business grow into what it is now – Greco’s Gourmet Catering and Bella Sera by Greco’s, the special venue we now call home. The real thanks go out to all of you, my loyal clients, who call upon me to work magic with food in your homes on a regular basis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right! Capps' Catering does not work for what your food and style represents.